Notarize Your Documents with Online Notary in Pennsylvania
No Appointment, No Walk-ins
Status of Online Notary in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania allows notaries to practice both electronic and remote modes of notarization in the state. After the complete legalization on January 30, 2006, the state first permitted electronic notarization. Afterward, the National Notary Association provided notarial certificates to assigned e-notaries from January 30, 2006, through June 30, 2010, to carry out electronic notarizations in Pennsylvania.
Well, explicitly talking about Remote Online Notarization, let us walk through the brief history regarding the legalization of RON in Pennsylvania!
The boom of Coronavirus propelled states to look out for other ways to carry out the notarial acts that won’t violate the mandatory social distance requirement. Therefore, like many other states of the United States, Pennsylvania opted for Remote online notarization for the very first time. However, instead of one time for all moves, RON legalization occurred in steps.
- First of all, on March 25, 2020, Pennsylvania’s Governor Wolf temporarily halted the 57 Pa.C.S.§ 306. Therefore “physical presence” was no longer mandatory for the signers in order to notarize their documents which was formally an essential requirement for all commercial and personal real estate transactions.
- Then, on April 2, 2020, Governor Wolf allowed RON for several additional types of estate planning documents that usually require notarization.
- Further, the passage of Act 15 of 2020 on April 20, 2020, allowed all the notaries that are commissioned by the state to practice notarization via audio-video conferencing.
It was already made clear that the temporary legalization won’t be active after 60 days from the initial day of its legalization. However, during this period, the Commonwealth (Pennsylvania) realized the importance of RON and saw how it could revolutionize the future of notarization in the state. Acknowledging the need for RON in the state, Governor Wolf didn’t wait any longer for permanent legalization, and on October 29, 2020, Act 97 of 2020 was passed.
With this legalization, the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts (RULONA) holds a new section 306.1 and subsection 320(c). The law mentioned that notaries should first notify the Department in order to use communication technology to carry out notarial acts in the state. However, the notaries who took the Department’s approval at the time of temporary RON legalization can carry remote online notarizations without the need of notifying again.
How to Get Your Documents Notarized Online
See How Easily You Can Get Signed.
Upload Your Document
Upload a PDF in our online portal.
Verify Your Identity
Connect to Notary
Connect with a notary public on video call.
Instantly download or email your notarized doc.
Remote Online Notarization is Easy and Time Efficient.
RON is time efficient. It save you a lot of time which you will be spending otherwise for visiting a notary public in person. All you need to do is uploading your documents and connect with a notary public which barely takes 15 minutes of your time.
All Your Documentation is Encrypted.
During Online Process all your documents and sessions with notary pubic are kept private with end to end encryption. Its only you and the notary public who can have access to the those document.
Electronic Notarization is Legal Nationwide.
Virginia legalized Enotary by stating that, If you have a Social Security Number(SSN), you can get your paperwork signed by an Electronic notary commissioned in your area from any remote location.
RON is a Cost-Effective Solution for You.
Online notary service is more cheaper than your traditional notary. Choosing RON over traditional method means that you will end up saving a lot of money. RON cuts down your traveling costs as well.
Evade the Hassles of Traveling and Get Signed from Anywhere!
With Lottalegal’s 5-minute Remote Online Notarization process, you can let our professional notaries take care of your important documentation.
What Is a Remote Online Notary in Pennsylvania?
A state-commissioned notary approved by the Department of State to perform the notarial acts in Pennsylvania using audio-video technology is regarded as a Pennsylvania’s online notary public. An online notary is not much different from a traditional notary; as he/she is obliged to:
- Verify Identity of the Signer
- Check lack of duress on the Signer
- Make Sure the Signer is aware of the objective of the document
The only difference between the online notary and a traditional notary is that an online notary:
- Meet Signer via audio-video technology
- Uses e signature instead of an inked signature
- And affix the document with eSeal instead of the notary stamp.
Modern technology has enabled the notary public to notarize documents online without the need for them or the Signer to meet physically in order to notarize the documents.
Does Pennsylvania allow remote online notarization in the state?
Do I Have To Be in Pennsylvania to opt for Remote Online Notarization?
- You are a resident of Pennsylvania.
- You have valid government-issued ID proof to prove your identity.
- Your notary public is commissioned in Pennsylvania and allowed by the Department of State to practice RON.
- Your notary is located in Pennsylvania at the time of the notarial act.
You don’t need to be in state at the time of notarization. Your physical presence will no longer affect the authenticity of the notarial act, only if considering the above conditions are satisfied and the notary public mentions the mode of notarization is “RON” on their electronic journal.
Does a Signer “Personally Appear” in front of an Online Notary Public?
What is the process of signing the documents online in Pennsylvania?
The process to notarize your documents is effortless with Lottalegal. Our team of state-commissioned notary publics will notarize your documents without you having to leave your home. We have an easy 3 step notarization process that goes as follows;
✪ Upload your documents:
Firstly you need to visit our website and fill in a simple form mentioning your required details. Make sure to mention the type of document you want to notarize. Once you finish the form, upload a soft copy of the document that requires notarization and submit it on our portal.
✪ Connect with state-commissioned notaries:
After you complete the form and upload your documents, our Pennsylvania online notary will connect with you via an audio-video call to carry out the notarial act.
The Online notary pa will conduct credential analysis and identity proofing via KBA techniques to verify your genuineness. Once the notary public is assured, they will notarize your documents. Notary will hardly take 20 minutes to complete the whole notarial act.
✪ Download notarized documents:
With the completion of the notarial act, the Remote notary Pennsylvania will share your documents at your provided email address. You can download your notarized documents at any time and save them for future use.
The entire process is safe and secure. In case of some doubt, do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer care team, who are glad to help you 24*7.
Can I notarize my documents through RON when I am outside the country?
- Pennsylvania’s resident
- Aware of the purpose of the document
- Signing the document willingly!
Further, the act mentioned that notarized documents would be valid if notarial act;
- “must relate to a record that will be used before a U.S. court or agency or
- will relate to property located in the U.S. or to a transaction substantially connected with the U.S.”
It’s your duty as a signer to make sure that the country where you are present at the time of notarization allows the notarization of that type of document.
A notary is not obliged to take care of that; therefore, you should make sure about it at your end.
How does the online notary public verify the Signer’s identity?
A notary public can use any two of the following identity proofing techniques, which are described as follows;
- The Signer will need to answer questions to help the notary public verify the Signer’s true identity. This process is also called KBN, i.e., Knowledge-based authentication.
- The notary public can use biometric identification technology to verify the Signer’s identity.
- Credential analysis to check the credibility of provided government-issued ID proof of the Signer.
If required, the Pennsylvania notary can use the techniques mentioned above to verify the identity of a credible witness too.
How Is a Document Signed by RON in Pennsylvania?
Document signings are now faster and more accessible due to remote online notarization. The whole process of Document signings is carried out through an electronic approach.
You just need to find a trustable online notary service in Pennsylvania like Lottalegal. After that, you have to fill in the form, mention the type of document signing and submit the form on the portal. Once done with this part, an online notary Pennsylvania will reach out to you to carry out document signing via audio-video conferencing.
The online notary will confirm your identity via credential analysis and identity proofing following KBN techniques. If the notary is assured that:
- Your identity is authentic,
- You know the document’s intention, and
- You are not signing the document under the influence of any third party: the notary will proceed with the further process.
Once the process finishes, you will receive your signed document in a few minutes. You can download it anytime for future use.
What are the requirements to carry the audio-video call for Remote Online Notarization in Pennsylvania?
As per the Remote Online Notarization laws in Pennsylvania, the notary public must ensure that the technology used for RON:
- Allows the notary public to connect with the Signer with a proper audio-video connection.
- Helps the notary public to make required reasonable accommodations for signers with hearing, vision, or speaking disability
- Allows the notary public to ensure the Signer’s identity either by (1) personal knowledge, (2)Statement of a credible witness, or (3) utilizing any two identity-proofing technologies.
- Helps to identify the record, which further requires the use of electronic records or electronic signatures by tamper-evident technology.
- Develop an audio-video recording of the whole notarial act. The recording must include a full conversation between the notary public and the Signer. The notary public is also required to keep this digital recording for at least ten years as proof of the notarial act.
How Long Will It Take to Notarize a document in Pennsylvania?
Where people used to waste so many hours in notary offices waiting to notarize their documents, Remote Online Notarization services made notary services so much time-saving in Pennsylvania.
You just need to submit your document, and soon notary public will contact you to carry out online notarization via audio-video call.
You can make your RON experience even more, quicker with Lottalegal. Get your document notarized in less than 24 hours of applying for Lottalegal’s RON service.
How is a paper document different from the electronic document used for virtual notarization?
are some examples of electronic documents. For RON, the Signer is requested to convert their paper document into an electronic document.
In terms of information and the intent that an electronic document serves are in no terms different from the paper parent of the same document; therefore, the electronic document is as genuine as a paper document.
How does Pennsylvania’s Virtual Notary keep its records?
Just like a traditional notary and electronic notary, the remote online notary Pennsylvania is required to maintain a journal. However, an online notary maintains an electronic journal instead of a paper journal. The journal is arranged in chronological order mentioning information about each notarial act as follows:
- Date and time of the notarization
- Short description of the record and type of notarization
- Name and address of the Signer
- How is identity verified if personal knowledge small statement regarding that
- If a Government-issued ID is used for Identity verification, mall description regarding that, with mention of the issue and expiry date of identification credential
- The mode of notarization is via audio-video conferencing
- The fee of the notarial act
- Recording of the notarial act
This electronic journal is in a tamper-evident format as per the regulations set by Pennsylvania laws. The notary must maintain this journal for at least ten years from the day of the notarial act.
What Documents Can You Notarize Online in Pennsylvania?
If you are looking for more affordable options, you can choose Lottalegal services. With us, all the benefits of Remote Online Notarization are extra pocket friendly. We have specially developed packages that are inexpensive and cheaper for our customers.
Check out Lottalegal’s pricing page and pick the most desirable package for you!
Which States Allow RON?
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina(Temporary)
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island( Temporary)
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- and Wyoming
However, RON is Prohibited in DC, and till now, there is no guidance regarding RON in South Carolina.
Is Virtual Notarization Safe and Secure in Pennsylvania?
Yes, indeed, it is! Firstly, whenever you pick a notarization service provider, make sure that the service supports encryption to protect the client’s information.
Well, you don’t need to worry about this with Lottalegal. We not only believe in providing speedy and convenient services. We value the privacy of our customers too. Our state-commissioned notaries connect via safe audio-video technology and record every notarization for record-keeping, which also levels up the security of the notarial act.
Further, the documents are signed electronically; therefore, affixed documents are tamper-evident, and once notarized, no one can alter your document. Along with this, our public key in fracture also enhances the document’s safety.
We have blended all the benefits offered by RON with our safer technology to build a better space for our customers.
We have cut down the hassle of visiting a notary as our online notaries are just one click away from your screens.
Our state-commissioned notaries are available 24*7 to notarize your documents from anywhere and anytime.
Our services are customer-friendly. We have specially designed packages to ensure affordability for our customers.
Here is what our customers say about our services…
“The process barely took 10 minutes. I wanted my son’s travel document notarized, and I had it without leaving my room. Thank you Lottalegal”
“In-depth verification, I must say! It made me more comfortable choosing online signatures for my documents. From now on, I promise, I won’t go in person.”
“fantastic experience with the person who notarized my paperwork. Did it for the first time, and results were satisfactory. Thank you.”